Monday, July 9, 2007

Dan Patrick Calls it Quits




Today Dan Patrick decided to call it quits after 18 years with Espn. Ironically, Steven A. Smith and Stuart Scott both still work for the company. Patrick announced that his final radio show appearance will be Aug. 17. Patrick had these words, "I feel privileged to have had this opportunity and I have extremely mixed emotions about leaving. With that said, I told ESPN that I believe it's time for me to try something different, something that will also be challenging and rewarding. While I'm not sure what that will be, I am grateful to ESPN for its willingness to allow me to pursue new endeavors."


This officially ends a great era for Espn and the great sportscasters they USED to have. Even though he was on radio, his presence alone gave the company credibility. Think I am exaggerating? Watch ONE episode of "Who's Now." This is the direction the show "Sportscenter" decided to take during it's slow summer months. Stuart Scott leading the way with Keyshawn Johnson, Kirk Herbstreit, and Michael Wilbon arguing on whether Steve Nash or Serena Williams is more worthy. I just pulled a Kobayashi. (Threw up in my mouth) The following legends must be rolling over in their grave. May they R.I.P. Keith Olbermann, Beano Cook, Charlie Steiner, Craig Kilborn, George Grande, Rich Eisen, Robin Roberts just to name a few. Thank God for Fox Sports Net.

No comments: